Chelsea’s squad rebuilding continues as the club becomes the top spender in the January transfer window. The West Londoners have signed contracts but are still looking to strengthen their squad.
Chelsea are interested in Malo Gutso, Moises Caicedo, and Enzo Fernandez, but the Blues may be priced out of a move for this players this month. With that said, let’s take a look at Chelsea’s most recent transfer news.
A promising England center back, has officially joined Bundesliga 2 club Paderborn on loan for the remainder of the season, according to Chelsea’s official Twitter page. The 19-year-old still has a contract with the club until June 2024, with an option to extend for another season.
Malo Gutso agreement reached
Chelsea are said to have reached an agreement with Lyon to sign Malo Gusto. Chelsea, according to reports, have reached an agreement with Lyon for the 19-year-old fullback, who will remain in France on loan from West London.
Chelsea are expected to make an improved offer for Brighton’s Moises Caicedo before the deadline. The Blues had already made two bids for the midfielder in the January transfer window, but that move could be hijacked by London rivals Arsenal.
On Friday, the Gunners made an official £60 million bid, which Brighton rejected. Mikel Arteta will need depth and versatility in his squad if he is to challenge for the league title, which means they will not give up on Caicedo.