LASTMA- The head office of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA, in the Oshodi area of Lagos state gutted fire yesterday, Monday, September 22.
It was learned that the inferno emanated from a faulty air conditioner on the second floor of the building, caused pandemonium within the vicinity as thick smoke took over the sky of the community.
Addressing the incident in an official statement, LASTMA‘s Assistant Director, Public Affairs, Filade Olumide said “There was a minor fire incident at the LASTMA Headquarters today, September 22, 2020.
“Immediately the fire was noticed on the air conditioner, the headquarters staff following the past fire drill training put out the fire.
READ ALSO: I curse the day you were born, Bishop Oyedepo blast daddy fresh
“The Fire Service was immediately summoned through a telephone call. The Lagos State Fire Service promptly responded to the call, put out the fire which was still slightly burning from the air conditioner, and ensured that the fire did not spread inside the office it occurred or the whole building.”